Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Handmade Gifts For Men

OK, so is it just me, or are the men in our lives really hard to find handmade gifts for?

It's obviously not creating the gift that's the problem, it's the endeavor of thinking/searching for something that we know the male recipient will like.

Be it for a birthday or your anniversary, it don't matter!

I can find hundreds of handmade gift ideas/tutorials for females – mothers, grandmothers, mothers-to-be, teenagers but for the male gender, that's a whole new ballgame!


Just the mere thought of handmade gifts for DH are giving me more grey hairs than I already have!! 


We all want to make something more original than a handmade CD, a jar with cookies, or a grilling apron. It needs to be more personalized...right?


In a previous post hereI said that hubby would rather have something handmade than bought. I love the thought of saving money for umm...maybe more crafting supplies! 

Since Tom drinks coffee(decaf)almost 24/7, this is what I finally came up with for his birthday. 
A paper mug filled with goodies! 


The mug tutorial is from Traci Cornelius ~ here.

Then I created a saucer to add a little more detail. 

The patterned paper is Tim Holtz French Industrial.

Hubby's name was cut out with Cricut Learning Curve via Cricut Craftroom


paper mug and saucer treat holder

Tom also loves chocolate, so I wrapped some M&M's and Reese's Piece's with cellophane. The cellophane looks like it has pink in it, but it is actually all gold in color.

close up of the paper mug handle and saucer




Here's his birthday card I created 
Faux tree bark, wood grain card




























The faux tree bark/wood grain was created with my homemade texture paste combined with acrylic paint onto The Crafters Workshop Wood Grain 6x6 template. 
XOXO.... is Hero Arts Everyday Sayings clear stamps putting black enamel flat backs on the O's.

close up of faux bark, wood grain card using homemade texture paste










Well, that is it. Till the next time I need to make a handmade gift for the males in my life, then I will do it all over again..search and think and search!

Question....are you ever in the same boat?



TTFN and 
Happy Crafting!


aka The Rebel Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cindy's Paper Creation Popular Posts That Might Interest You