Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thirty Four Years Ago

Wow, does time whizz by faster and faster or what?!

I remember my mother would say to me, "time flies by and the older you get, it flies by so much faster!"
I didn't really take heart to her words till later in life. Now, I know how she felt!

When I see young mothers with their newborns and toddlers...I think to myself  
"I remember when that used to be me."
Those very same words my mother said to me, I have spoken to many young mothers. 

Somehow, like overnight, I have become one of those older women

Here I am, closing in on the big 6-0 in three years, thinking I need to add a new, different label, something besides "mom". 
That label has become tattered, rundown, unusable and out-of-date.
I will always be "mom" but it's not on the top anymore. It hasn't been for a long time.

Though I feel deep down in my heart I deserve that "mom" label...
By living through the tough times, enjoying the good times, being the best mom that I knew how to be...not just from giving birth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was 34 years ago I had my second child, Christina Renee. 
Who has become a strong willed, independent, and outspoken "mom" herself. Wonder where she gets those traits from!? 
She has also blessed me with two beautiful grandchildren! 



Here is Christina's crisscross style birthday card I created for her.

Crisscross card with tag insert






Recipe:
Cosmo Cricket ~ 2WENTY-THR3E  patterned paper and chipboard pieces





Sure, I have other labels, "grandma" and the initials "LPN" after my name but being a mom is the core of me, no matter what else I have done in my life.

I count my blessings, ignore regrets, and will continue to grow with the label(s) I own and the new ones to come!  




TTFN...
Happy Crafting!!


aka The Rebel Blogger

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your mom, the older you get, the faster it goes!! (Watching a child grow makes it all the more fast, too!) This is such a pretty card! I really like the style and the pretty papers & colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - lovely post - and your mom was right!

    ReplyDelete

Cindy's Paper Creation Popular Posts That Might Interest You