Friday, October 31, 2014

Reading Books / Sunday Sentiments / #WOIW

Good day to all!
Hope your weekend starts on a good note!

Well, over at Kraafters Kommunity I saw the picture Heather posted of the new #WOIW, and it really inspired me to create!

The new #WOIW she choose for this week is book.

I am also linking my creation to the amazing artist Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith and her Inky Dinky Doodle Sunday Sentiments linky party!


I love to read and the quote by Mason Cooley is so true...right now I am in the deep south of the Mississippi Gulf Coast in the year 1969 with 'The Oleander Sisters' by Elaine Hussey!


I have traveled with Bilbo Baggins & Gandalf to The Misty Mountains in 'The Hobbit' by J.R.R. Tolkien. 


As WWII erupts, I lived in the eyes of Sayuri as she transforms to a geisha in 'Memoirs of a Geisha' by Arthur Golden.


I have seen the beautiful and mysterious chair inside the church of a Benedictine monastery in Sue Monk Kidd's 'The Mermaid Chair'.


And how could I forget the famous, high-profile, fabulously successful, magazine editor Miranda Priestly and her newly hired assistant, small town girl, Andrea Sachs in 'The Devil Wears Prada' by LaurenWeisberger! 


I am curious, where have you been in your readings?!



I must be honest and admit, my creation is not my idea. 

The concept was taken from the very talented Vicky Papaioannou's art journal page.

Books Art Journal Page by cindywirl.blogspot.com
I do not have an actual art journal book, so I just used pieces of Tim Holtz French Industrial Paper Stash as the background and glued those pieces onto a plain 8 1/2 x 11 copy paper.
I also stamped a little on the background using Bo Bunny Geometric Patterns stamp and a Tim Holtz Bitty Grunge stamp.

































The books...
I hope you can see the dimension of the books!
The words are from Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe Cling Stamp 3 




























The globe....
The vintage globe is just a graphic from the internet and fussy cut.
I printed two to make the globe look dimensional.













The quote....
The quote is printed onto a die cut by Spellbinders ~ Postage Stamp


























I had so much fun created this!
It really helped me get some of that 'crafting mojo' back.

Hopefully I will get some pics taken of the organizer I created a while back.
I also need to try to figure out/remember where/who I got the tutorial from so I can share it with you all!



TTFN!
Don't forget to take some time to create your life!

x's & o's
aka The Rebel Blogger

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Ruth!
      Coming from the inspirational artist that you are, your comment means a lot to me!!

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of the journey we take with our characters as we read. I wonder if you do this...when you are not reading about them and following them through their journey do you think of them like they are real? DO you miss them when the book is done? I do. I almost feel sad when it is over. LOL

    Great page! It did remind me of Vicky's work, but truly your own in your hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Heather, I think we all miss the people and places we visit when we read!
      And the characters are always, ALWAYS real to me...

      Delete
  3. Wow, Cindy, your mojo is back! And with a vengeance! I absolutely love this page! If anything, it's better than the original! Your shading is awesome! Hop on that surf board and ride the wave! (a bit of trivia for you: Vicky Papaioannou is married to the guy who owns InLinkz, the site that hosts my linky party!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zsuzsa! This was a bit out of my comfort zone but I have to admit once I tried the waves I could not stop!!!
      I have seen all of Vicky's journal pages...love her work! I do remember her talking about her husband's site.

      Delete
  4. This is a great page, I really love it!
    I have seen Vickys work too and just love everything she makes! It is her "fault" that I own gelatos! lol
    I LOVE to read, I will often dive right into a book and totally lose track of time! This is why I have an alarm on my phone for when I have to leave to get the kids from school! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth...thank you!
      And it is Vicky's fault that I desire the Big Brush Artist Pens also!
      Damn these crafty enablers!!! Lol

      Delete
  5. Reading takes us into another world... I love the dimension created in the books. I can reach out and touch them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the work on the books to get some dimension I was afraid that the photos would not do it justice Your comment has just confirmed my doubts....reaching out and touching them!!
      Wow, thank you Peggy!

      Delete
  6. Another clever project Cindy, wow what fun dimensions.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Cindy's Paper Creation Popular Posts That Might Interest You