Thursday, August 28, 2014

Cindy's Country Crate Organizer

Hey there folks!

I know I have said this before, and I will say it again... 
I so love this time of year!!

The abundance of fresh from the garden fruits and vegetables is truly a blessing.

Tom and I eat fresh garden goodies almost on a daily basis, savoring every tasteful awesomeness bite! 

We can't grow our own garden because of so many trees resulting in lots and lots of shade on our property. 
But the local Amish farm markets are everywhere and we take full advantage!

Here are just some of our rewards from the bountiful harvest:

#1 ~ grilled corn on the cob soaked in real butter.
#2 ~ fried peppers on Italian or French bread, sometimes adding a fresh egg from our neighbor's chickens, making it a pepper and egg sandwich! 
#3 ~ sliced tomatoes on toasted, buttered bread.
#4 ~ cubed cucumbers mixed with sour cream & fresh ground black pepper.
#5 ~ fresh picked green beans, fried in olive oil till they are a crispy golden color!

Shall I go on? 
Okay, you talked me into it!

#6 ~ mouth watering watermelon slices.
#7 ~ the sweetness of a juicy honey dew and 
#8 ~ cantaloupe, both topped with a dollop of whipped cream. 

Oh, I can't forget my homemade,
#9 ~ moist zucchini bread and zucchini brownies.
#10 ~ scrumptious blueberry pies!   

Have I made you hungry for some garden fresh goodies? 
I sure hope so!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, with all that in mind...
How appropriate is that my craft table organizer is made with the FARMHOUSE Paper Pad by Crate Paper!

I designed and created this for a friend as a thank you gift.

Cindy's Craft Table Organizer by cindywirl.blogspot.com










To make the paper lace trim around the top of each box, I used Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger Punch. 
The metal stamped brads on the corners of the base are from Graphic 45.
The entire organizer base is made of two pieces of 10 3/4 in. by 4 1/4 in. medium weight chipboard and glued together.















I added a crocheted doily from my stash and finished it with a chipboard letter S {for Sharon!} that I heat embossed {twice} with Tim Holtz Mustard Seed Distress Embossing Powder.












The small box base measures 3 1/2 in. square and the sides are 1 3/4 in. tall.















The middle box base is also 3 1/2 in. square, the sides are 3 1/2 in. tall.



































The tall box base measures 3 1/2 in. by 2 1/2 in.
The sides are 5 1/4 in. tall.

I had so much fun designing and creating this organizer, I think I will design a different style and make one for my own craft table!



Well, apple season is next.
I can not wait to pick some wild, juicy apples for homemade apple pie with my mom's pie crust recipe, apple crisp and applesauce.



Don't forget to take some time to create your life!

Have a fantabulous weekend!
TTFN!
aka The Rebel Blogger

6 comments:

  1. What a fun and clever idea Cindy.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane...I did have fun creating this!

      Delete
  2. It's a beautiful design Cindy, loved the idea and the decoration as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruth, I am glad you liked my simple but functional design!

      Delete
  3. This is really neat! I like it a lot. I can think of soooo many uses for these! If I may ask, what part of PA are you from? I remember you said it was Steeler country but I don't remember what city you're from/near. I grew up near Wilkes-Barre, PA. It's in the NE near the Poconos. I didn't move to SC until I was 31, when I relocated for a job. PA is a beautiful state, that's for sure!
    Anyway, I love your paper crafts. I just joined Pinterest recently and the very first email I rec'd from them recommending artists and things to pin guess who was the first one listed??? Yup! YOU! I thought that was sooooo Kool!
    Big Hugs!!
    Reeah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am from New Castle, just about an hour north of Pittsburgh.
      Believe it or not I have never been to the Poconos!
      That's really cool about Pinterest, I am surprised!
      Thank you Ruth, for your kind comment!

      Delete

Cindy's Paper Creation Popular Posts That Might Interest You