Thursday, July 10, 2014

Always Face The Sun ~ Watercoloring with Distress Markers

Hi guys and gals!

I am very fortunate to be able to spend my summer days outside. 

Where I can enjoy our beautiful flowers. 
And those that come to visit our bird feeder...the neighbor's chickens, lots and lots of birds, the squirrels, also the occasional turkey and deer! 
Who all seem just as excited for summertime as I am! 

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you 
~ Maori Proverb

I think this quote is a great one. 
It encourages us to focus on the positive and reminds us that, in doing so, negativity will be a thing of the past (in the shadows). 

For me, this is most clear when dealing with my cancer

I try to remain positive and the sunshine filled days of summer is a huge blessing for me. 


This card I created for a friend made me think of that proverb...


Handmade card Always Face The Sun by cindywirl.blogspot.com



























I colored the Wendy Vecchi Garden Art stamp with Distress Markers on Ranger Watercolor paper. 

The sentiment stamp is Sky's the Limit from MME.

The die cut above that is Spellbinders Lattice Accents cut in half and adorned with natural twine.

I used a punch around the page Vintage Doily by Martha Stewart for accent on the top and bottom of the card.



What it comes down to is this: I have a choice and I have a choice on how to react to it.

I choose to accentuate the positive and face the sun!



Remember to take time to create your life!

TTFN
x's & o's
aka The Rebel Bogger  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cindy's Paper Creation Popular Posts That Might Interest You