Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Recipe Organizer ~ Kathy Orta Files & Graphic 45 French Country

Awhile back in a previous post, I mentioned that I was working on a recipe organizer for my sister for Christmas.
Well, I finally finished it in early December! 

It was a huge project and something different for me to tackle!
I took my time, thinking each process thoroughly. 
I had to stop a couple of times and search/order more paper, embellishments, a ring binder, etc.
But the end result was well worth it! 

I purchased the tutorial from Paper Phenomenon - Kathy Orta Files
She makes her tutorials easy to follow (esp. for beginners like me) and includes pictures. Thanks Kathy!! 
I could not enter this into her Contest due to one of her rules was to make a video of your project and I don't do videos. 
I tried to get my granddaughter to make a video before it made the trip to Florida, but it never happened!
I am hoping that someday my recipe organizer will make it to one of Kathy's Inspiration Monday posts!


And now without further ado, TADA!!.....



Recipe Organizer Kathy Orta Files
The rooster and sunflowers were fussy cut from the Graphic 45 French Country Collection

Easel style lid to easily hold recipes! When not in use, the lid stays closed with the help of a magnet.



Rooster charm ~ Etsy

Lid & drawer knobs ~ Tim Holtz 



Chipboard embellishment ~ Graphic 45 French Country

Metal brads ~ Graphic 45



Recipe dividers & trim ~ Cricut cartridge, "Just Because" Cards

The binder (see below) fits in the left side.


I searched and searched for recipe cards with roosters on them. I finally found just the right ones at an Amish bakery/gift shop while on a mini vacation during the summer!



Recipe binder ~ front view


Recipe binder ~inside view


Recipe binder dividers hold recipes/coupons in place, then can be incorporated to a recipe card if so desired.


Inside binder ~ left pocket 

Inside binder ~ right pocket

I left the recipe card dividers and the binder dividers blank. That way Tracy can personalize the categories to her liking!

I am (bashfully) proud of this project and so glad I challenged myself!

Hope you will allow some time in your week to create. 


Till next time...
Happy Crafting!

TTFN!



aka The Rebel Blogger

6 comments:

  1. This looks fab, Cindy! I honestly think you could sell these on Etsy! Have you ever thought of that? If I could do things like this, I would try to make a living out of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited you like! Thank you, Zsuzsa!
      The thought has crossed my mind, more than twice.
      But in my eyes...the time, the thought, the paper, the supplies and of course, the love that is put into it is worth far more than someone would be willing to pay.
      Then again I could be all wet behind the ears!!

      Delete
  2. This is amazing Cindy! You are a real artist :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anikó!
      I never think of myself as an artist. I just create, share and hope to inspire here and there...

      Delete
  3. It is beautiful but the link didn't work for me to purchase the tutorial any suggestions I went on her web page as well. Please help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for not getting by to you sooner (had surgery). Here is the more recent link https://paperphenomenon.com/product/recipe-organizer-tutorial-video-combo/. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

      Delete

Cindy's Paper Creation Popular Posts That Might Interest You