Thursday, July 18, 2013

Freedom Farms Market

For quite sometime, my sister, Tracy has been talking about a reality TV show on GAC that she wanted me to watch, called Farm Kings. It is about the King family and their farming life in Butler, PA, which is located about 25 miles from my home. They also have a bakery, a cafe and a farm market.

Well, guess what was on my sister's list of to do's when she came up to visit...yep, you got it right...we went to the King family's Freedom Farms Market!


Freedom Farms Mission Statement:At Freedom Farms we strive to provide the community with the freshest, most nutritionally dense food in our local area. Our goal is to be the community’s new standard when it comes to fresh meats, just picked produce, tasty baked goods, and family friendly service. At Freedom Farms, we truly are Born to Farm.


Their chickens, cows,and pigs diets are all natural. They are all pasture raised and free of antibiotics and hormones! :)



Pete King (pictured below with my sister) makes a tomato basil pie that's to die for!!  

Tracy & Pete (The Human Harvester) @ Freedom Farms Market

Check them out on Facebook here Freedom Farms.


One final note...I am speaking for myself of course...mama bear Lisa King has some good looking sons!! 



Good Luck to The King Family!




TTFN!

aka The Rebel Blogger

2 comments:

  1. What a great day! Everyone loved the tomatoe-basil pie and the cookies from the bakery were awesome. We'll have to go the Freedom Farms Cafe in New Kensington the next time I'm home. Loved having my picture taken with Pete....next time maybe we'll see the other brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy looks too happy.look out Mark.

    ReplyDelete

Cindy's Paper Creation Popular Posts That Might Interest You