Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dad's Birthday Card

Today is my Dad's 82nd birthday! 

I tried to make a masculine card for him real quick...
nothing fancy, just hand wrote on the inside,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!





I used a piece of patterned paper from my stash for the mat. I inked the edge of the card with ColorBox brush pad in black. 
The tag is an old Fiskars stencil that I have had since I started scrapbooking. I then inked around the tag and the flourish with my favorite color....ColorBox spanish olive! I used Stazon ink in jet black, but do not know the brand name of the stamp used for 'dad',  then topped it off with a matte black brad and used pop dots to add a little dimension. 
The bakers twine is from WeRMemoryKeepers.
The faux stitching is made using a Zig pen.

Simply done for a loving and simple man!!
I wish to enter this card at Simon Says Stamps Anything Goes Challenge


Thanks for visiting my little corner of cyber space!


aka The Rebel Blogger

2 comments:

  1. Love it...very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great masculine card! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Cindy's Paper Creation Popular Posts That Might Interest You